When recovering from a flood, it can be difficult to know where to start.
If you need support and would like to talk to someone, call Lifeline on 13 11 14 or 0477 131 114 or visit lifeline.org.au/crisis-chat
There is a range of support and guidance services to assist with your recovery. Here are some contacts and links to get you started.
- In an emergency, call Triple Zero: 000
- State Emergency Service (SES): 132 500
- Community Recovery: 1800 173 349
- Energex: 13 19 62
- Ergon Energy: 13 16 70
- Road traffic and travel information: 13 19 40
- Translating and Interpreting Service: 13 14 50
- 13Health: 13 432 584
- Lifeline: 13 11 14
- RSPCA lost and found: 1300 363 736
- Find your local council: https://bit.ly/3C0lnZv
- Reconnecting utilities: https://bit.ly/35BYAr7
- Financial assistance: https://bit.ly/33WwcPQ
- Support groups: https://bit.ly/3M66s4M
- Emotional support: https://bit.ly/3sqS3IJ
- Useful apps after a disaster: https://bit.ly/3pp7zmx
- Alerts and information: https://www.qld.gov.au/alerts
If you are interested in volunteering to assist affected communities, visit www.getready.qld.gov.au/after-disaster/volunteering for information on registering your details.